Welcome to the forum where you can meet and make contact with other au pairs or nannies in the UK for FREE.
Are you finding it difficult to meet and make friends with other young people in the UK, or from your home country?
Using our au pair forum will help you to make friends who you can meet socially or make contact with and share ideas or discuss any problems.
To use this site and to be able to access and use the au pair forum facilities you must become a member of Universal Au Pairs.
What do I do next?
1) Register on the Universal Au Pairs Site for FREE
2) Log In
3) Visit Au Pair Friends Forum (you must be logged in to be able to see the 'Au Pair Friends Forum' tab on the top menu bar next to 'Our Fees')
4) Read the existing posts from other members
5) Start to make contact with other au pairs/nannies
6) Meet up and have some fun
7) Never be a Lonely Au Pair again!
We hope you have fun using this forum and make friendships that will last a lifetime.
Universal Au Pairs
Safety on This Site
For your own safety when meeting other people from this site please read the following information.
Free Au Pair Membership
If you arrange to meet anyone from make sure that other people, such as your host family, know where and when you are meeting.
If possible leave your host family the mobile telephone number of the person you are meeting.
Arrange to meet in a crowded public place.
Do not offer to go anywhere with the au pair/nanny in a taxi or in their car.
Search our Families
Other ideas for finding friends
It can be difficult to meet other young people when you visit a new country or new area for the first time. Here are some suggestions that may help. You may also wish to ask for assistance from your host family.
- ask the family if they have friends locally who have au pair contacts
- check with the local schools to see if they know of parents with au pairs
- contact local colleges offering language courses and see if they will introduce you, or perhaps you can enrol in a course - these are sometimes free. See Useful Information for more details
- follow up on your hobbies and contact groups or clubs. Our last au pair joined in the Monday evening volleyball game on the village green, made many friends and met her boyfriend.